Monday, September 8, 2008

Homework?

I had to chuckle to myself today. I got a quick call from Kyle this afternoon. He was concerned because he apparently feels he has a really hard schedule. When I asked him why he feels this way he said that he got homework in all his classes today. The first day of class, the nerve of those teachers give out college students homework on the first day of class. I think Kyle is used to the work load at Pateros. Welcome to the REAL WORLD! (Just as a little note of sympathy for him: he does have all core required classes, no electives. He said that most of the other students he has talked to take a few required classes and a couple electives to make their schedule a little more balanced.) He will survive, just a little less time for video games. He really likes his 3 other roommates, one prayer answered.

5 comments:

Julia Kelly said...

poor Kyle! nothing like homework to put a cramp in your social life! :) yeah, i must say that high school in no way prepares you for college.

Anonymous said...

Tell Kyle that I planned on spending 2 hours of studying for every 1 hour of class when I was in school.

That should make him feel better.

Shareen said...

I took Russian my first semester. I remember the first day being told to memorize the alphabet. I was shocked when the next day everyone else in class had that done. I thought it was meant to be some leisurely project like in high school.

Unknown said...

ah, the joys of college. like julia and shareen mentioned, high school doesn't really prepare you.
hope he can balance everything properly! i look forward to hearing everything.

Shannon said...

Hopefully he won't be too discouraged. I remember being shocked when I got back my first essay - I had cruised through English classes in high school, and my professor had the nerve to give me a C! That was when I realized it was a whole new world... :)