Friday, September 5, 2008

Home Sweet Home


This is the name of the apartment Kyle will be living at both Fall and Winter quarters. It looked a lot nicer when we looked at it on-line. It's not horrible, I was just expecting something different. I guess what can you expect when 4-6 guy's live together?


Kyle is all moved in to his apartment at BYU-I. He was the first one to check in. In fact, when Bob and I left to head back home no one else had arrived yet. I was a little disappointed, I would have liked to meet them. He has since sent me a text message stating he has met two of the three roommates and they seem "pretty normal" (those are Kyle's words). Later today after he got back to his place after a day of orientation activities his roommate had moved in but wasn't there. He said that he found out he likes tennis, sports and is from California. I didn't shed any tears until we were driving away, I was quite proud of myself. Kyle got his books, his student ID card, and got registered for "get connected" which is some sort of freshmen organization that has lots of activites to meet people. Of course all of the above were accompanied by very long lines. I remembered at the last minute when Bob and I were leaving that I hadn't taken any pictures so I forced Kyle to be in one, he was on his way out the door too for some "get connected" activity so he wasn't very happy with me. The other pictures I took as we were leaving town.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

becky, be sure to send me brian and kyles contact info so i can write. will brian have email? hope that kyle loves byu-I.

Julia Kelly said...

i'm sure that 'ricks' has changed much since i've been there, but brings back memories for me. I had not the greatest roommates, but met some amazing people in my ward that i hung out with and still am really good friends with. Hopefully Kyle has good luck like i did. :)

Shareen said...

My girls want to know if Kyle gets recess and a lunch break. I'm not sure they have a firm grip on what college is.