Thursday, September 23, 2010

almost did it!

I almost made it! I almost stayed at home on my day off! No Wenatchee. I had made a little goal for myself and it went something like this: I DO NOT need to go to Wenatchee to shop every single week! I might want to go every single week, but I do not need to go.
so...As my dogs relaxed on the couch, I kept myself busy.
Not everything I did was productive, but there was some productivity mixed in with some wasting time. I did let myself watch a little of the Today show, watched some interesting segments on what is hot this fall in hand bags and perfect jeans for your body type. I also watched some of Ellen, I love Ellen! Her show is so funny and light and just what I need sometimes to put me in a good mood.
But,

I also cleaned 3 bathrooms, vacuumed upstairs, cleaned my room, chatted on the phone with my sis, went to the school to sign a couple notes for Katie and give her some money for the bus today (she can't play volleyball but she goes with the team and does stats), and I did lots and lots of
laundry...

I had plans to take a little nap, go on a walk, and wash all my tile floors on my hands and knees.
Then my husband called and needed me to follow him to Cashmere where he needed to drop off his motorcycle for a new tire and an oil change.
Alas, I almost did it! I almost managed to stay home on my day off.
With my husband in the car with me on the way home however, we drove right past Target, Old Navy, Pier 1, the mall, Fred Meyer etc...
we went straight to Costco and then home.
So I would say that I partially fulfilled my little goal don't you think so??
p.s. my husband did take a little pity on me and bought me a shirt at Costco, haha!



5 comments:

Julia Kelly said...

haha..good job! I need to follow your example and do some things at home today. Bathrooms, laundry, (always laundry) vaccuming...to name a few. Excited for tonight...look for a post soon. :)

Unknown said...

sounds like you were very productive! i am quite impressed.

and you can blame it all on bob, right??

Shannon said...

That is a very productive day! I know I actually look forward to days when I can stay home and clean - pathetic, but they are so rare right now. It's a special treat to complete a cleaning project, haha.

Linda Toolson said...

I'd would say you accomplished a lot, and went to Wenatchee after all. Bob buying you a shirt doesn't count!

Shareen said...

That's hilarious Bob felt he needed to buy you a shirt to tide you over. And that's quite the snazzy bra someone in your house has!