Thursday, August 19, 2010

WE ARE CRAZY!!

This is the ultimate lesson in procrastination. For some reason little projects that could of been done anytime were put off until about a week ago. Now we are all (well mainly Bob and I) literally losing our minds!
These pictures will just give you a little taste of the chaos:I am posting this picture of Kyle not to show he is lazy playing video games but to show the mess that is our family room. Almost all the furniture in the entire upstairs is crammed in this room so we can re-carpet. The only room that still has carpet is Katie's, which will come out tomorrow I think. Notice that he did somehow manage to find a little spot for his bed and TV. our empty rooms...

The other main project going on right now is trying to complete the guest bathroom. Bob is working on it frantically, it will be interesting to see what it looks like by next Wednesday.


The toilet is sitting outside on the edge of our driveway, isn't that nice?
That way if any of the worker's need to use the bathroom it's very convenient.
The dump trailer full of the old carpet and pad. Kyle along with 2 fellows that we hired were the lucky ones to get to remove it.
I did have one more picture downloaded of the front of the house which is currently being prepped for stucco. Another mess.
I think all of us will just sleep next Thursday!
Lesson: don't bite off more than you can chew ;)

6 comments:

Julia Kelly said...

oh boy, i'm stressed for you looking at all your projects!! The toilet made me laugh. In collage we had a toliet in our front room we put a nice plant in it...it always a good conversation starter! lol

Unknown said...

Well, everything is coming along! Your bathroom is looking great.....Bob has been busy!
I can't wait to see everything done, but remember that Brian wants to see you.....he won't care if everything is perfect ...
Thinking of you!
Hope it all comes together for You!

Anonymous said...

You better not be calling me lazy! I am working 40 hours a week and on my day off I helped tear carpet out. All this remodeling is cutting into my golf :(

Shannon said...

That all looks very stressful... at least it is filling those hours and minutes until Brian gets home. You probably don't even have time to look at a clock! :)

Linda Toolson said...

What can I do to help?

Shareen said...

Thinking of you all today. What an exciting day!