Wednesday, March 17, 2010

what a difference a year can make!

First game of the season was yesterday. We played Lake Roosevelt (Grand Coulee) just like last year, except this year we won! BIG! (see last picture) Last year we lost. BAD. What a great day for a game. About 60 degrees, no wind (well OK a few breezes came up here and there), no rain. I didn't have to wear my winter boots, gloves, and wrap up in a blanket. There is still plenty of games left for that but it was sweet not having to do it. Sorry, pictures aren't in the order I want. I won't even start in on how sick I am of pictures being out of order! So here we go...yes, Katie is the one and only pitcher again

Didn't give up any runs! At one point Bob heard the other coach yell to one of her players up to bat "go ahead and be picky, she hasn't shown us anything!" Um, hello coach.
The score was 23 to 0, and they had 0.


2 for 3: a walk,

hit by a pitch! a triple and a single

just proof of the final score ;)
Bob took 297 pictures, it was hard to cut it down to just 6.







5 comments:

Whitni said...

Nice job on the win! I always loved hitting off Katie, except of course when she hit me.

Shareen said...

297!!! That is one devoted photographer. Katie looks fierce out there!

Kurt Toolson said...

Congratulations, Katie!

Shannon said...

Ummm... that was actually from me. I am always forgetting to see if Kurt has logged out. But I am sure he would say congrats, too! :)

Linda Toolson said...

What a good way to start the season. Very happy for you Katie. Too bad you can't save some of those runs for a close game. I loved seeing all the pictures. Good job, Bob.