Friday, March 5, 2010

Catching Up

It's been a while since my last post! That means I am going to cram 3 or 4 posts into one, lucky you.
Let's start with some pictures...My hubby is still working hard on our on-going house project. The latest has been the laundry room. This is how he is spending his Friday night, putting tile down, removing a door and adding a small window and preparing sheet rock for paint, hopefully tomorrow. This is so we can bring our brand new washer and dryer in from the garage and hook them up! They are red and apparently have 50+ possible wash settings! Cheez.
Sorry, pictures out of order, but this last week Katie and I went to Yakima and watched the Pateros boys and girls basketball teams at the state tournament. Above with a couple friends (who happen to also be players) showing off their 5th place trophy, not bad!

The girls never get tired of making t-shirts. I can't tell you how much money I have spent on t-shirt and shirt paint!


Katie and Joslin ready to head to Yakima!

a dog's life... can it get any better?


This is our cat's favorite spot when she is downstairs. the dogs can't get her up there! don't worry I wipe the table down after she leaves. I debated whether to show this picture or not, my table is very dusty.





HOPE
Tomorrow Katie is going to her Uncle Monte's funeral. He is Kinley's youngest brother. He is not even 30. He was found by a friend deceased at his parent's home. I haven't heard the final autopsy results but he did overdose, and at this time it's not known if it was accidental or planned. I have had all sorts of emotions this week as I have thought about him, his parent's, friends and family. I guess the one that I keep coming back to is how sad our Heavenly Father must be that one his children was so hopeless, so discouraged, and so desperate. This is what I wish every person would know and understand:

"Why Does Heavenly Father Love Us?"


Think of the purest, most all-consuming love you can imagine. Now multiply that love by an infinite amount - that is the measure of God's love for you.

God does not look on the outward appearance. I believe that He doesn't care one bit if we live in a castle or a cottage, if we are handsome or homely, if we are famous or forgotten. Though we are incomplete, God loves us completely. Though we are imperfect, He loves us perfectly. Though we may feel lost and without compass, God's love encompasses us completely.

He loves us because He is filled with an infinite measure of holy, pure, and indescribable love. We are important to God not because of our resume but because we are His children. He loves every one of us, even those who are flawed, rejected, awkward, sorrowful, or broken. God's love is so great that He loves even the proud, the selfish, the arrogant, and the wicked.

What this means is that, regardless of our current state, there is hope for us. No matter our distress, no matter our sorrow, no matter our mistakes, our infinitely compassionate Heavenly Father desires that we draw near to Him so that He can draw near to us.
*President Peter F. Uchtdorf
I hope Monte now understands God's love for him.



and on a much lighter note,


I am soooo happy March is here!
Just a few reasons I am soooo happy March has arrived...

1.Our weather this week has had a hint of spring in the air.
2. Softball season is officially underway!
3. Daylight savings time is around the corner (more daylight!)
4. Possibility of hope that I will feel increasingly motivated to exercise.
5. Spring clothes are appearing in the stores!
OK, that was this was a little much for one post...sorry!
Happy Friday everybody :)






4 comments:

Linda Toolson said...

Very nice post. I'm glad there have been some happy moments mixed in with the sad. We all need to remember that even though we are far from perfect, Heavenly Father loves us perfectly. We can start each day with a new outlook.

Julia Kelly said...

I'm sad to hear about Monte. I'm sure it has been hard for everyone in your famliy, especially probably David? I love that no matter where we are in life that there is HOPE! I love the word hope and all that it entails.
on a lighter note...
I can't wait to buy the kids some new spring clothes and spring shoes. Target does have some very cute things, for me as well! :)

Katie looks great! I bet she's excited to start softball.

I can't wait to see the final result when your house is complete!

Sorry for the long comment, but there was a lot to comment on! :)

Shannon said...

Loving the new background - can't wait to see your RED w/d - President Uchtdorf's comment is perfect and reassuring - and I, too, am so happy that spring is in the air (and in fashion!)

Linda Toolson said...

I forgot to say how cute Katie looks. She is growing into a beautiful young woman.