Friday, March 12, 2010

DN #3

If you have been in young women's or are currently serving (or have served) in young women's then you probably know what I mean by DN #3. That is the current value experience Katie and I are working on. It is one that you have to "notice the worthwhile qualities and attributes of others" for two weeks! I have only been doing this for 4 days and already I can see that I am quick to notice the things that irritate me. I have my little reminder note on my nightstand so I don't forget. Katie has hers taped to her mirror in the bathroom.
So,
I am going to point out that I have a very thoughtful husband. Yesterday I got my hair done and as I was getting ready to pay the stylist said "Oh, don't worry about it Bob already came by earlier and took care of it for you". I am lucky to have such a sweetie.
Try focusing on the positive, it might be harder than you think (or maybe easier??)
;)

4 comments:

Shannon said...

Three cheers for you both! Hopefully, Katie will inspire the rest of the Laurels to follow suit. And I agree - it is always good to focus on the positive.

Julia Kelly said...

I just completed this value. And (sadly) sometimes it is harder to notice the positive!

Shareen said...

What a very thoughtful husband. I saw this blog recently (thxthxthx.com) where she writes a post-it note every day thanking some super simple thing in her life - like pancakes, highlighters, words, etc. I don't agree with all her thoughts, but it made me think about all the small good things we have around us.

Linda Toolson said...

I am behind in looking at the blogs. That is a very worthwhile value to work. I tend to overlook some of the good things in my life.