Sunday, December 28, 2008

my new sunday afternoon pasttime ...


next week I will start my new calling in primary, chorister. i'm not sure how i feel about this quite yet. it was obvious our previous chorister spent hours and hours and hours each week preparing for singing time. i explained to the primary president i don't have that much time, she re-assured me they didn't expect that much but i still don't feel all that relieved. there was not one single sunday in the past two years that i have taught sunbeams that she has just shown up and sang songs, not ONE. so, today i spent hours and hours getting ready for next week. i tried to re-assure myself that some of the stuff i was doing are things that i will be doing each week so i won't have to re-do them each time. this is going to be a challenge to say the least. but i promise i will not be making any life-size statues out of wood, that much i know :) also, no solos.

6 comments:

Julia Kelly said...

You'll do an awesome job Becky! But, I know all about living in the shadow of the previous person that held the calling. Just remember you were called to the calling for a reason, and Heavenly Father will help you!!

Everything looks really cute!

Shannon said...

You will be great. I think sometimes as adults we try to make things bigger than they need to be... kind of like buying fancy presents for toddlers when all they really want is to play with the box. The most important thing you can bring is the Spirit, and I know you will do that perfectly.

eberle said...

I second Shannon's comment. Some people are so good at doing everything to make things fancy, but sometimes it's so much there's barely any singing time. Kids like singing time, even when things are pretty basic. I always wished I could have that calling, except for the fact that I can't sing:(

Anonymous said...

I thought your first week was very good. Don't worry about going extra time!

Unknown said...

i swear i left a comment a few days ago. .. but it's not here. so hope your first week went well. just be YOU and don't try to be the person before. you have your own gifts to offer.

Shannon said...

I left you an award on my blog :)