Saturday, January 17, 2009

Date Night!

Bob and I went to Chelan for the yearly Fire and Ice Festival. Started off with fireworks at the park.

The downtown sidewalks were filled with ice sculptures created by different people or groups, these are a few of my favorites: the sun, the bear, and the penguin.






(notice the apple frozen in the center of this one)




Bob insisted I sit in the ice sculpture chair. It was nice to get out. Sometimes we don't enjoy the things that are going on right in our own town, I know I had not been to this event since I have lived here. What did you do Saturday night?





I was so excited to go out so I would actually have something to blog about. As you can tell our lives haven't been all that exciting ...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those ice sculptures are amazing. Great shot of you in the ice throne. I love going to little local festivals and things, yet often forget about them. We actually went out Saturday too. Mike had his company work party. It was a little loud, a little crowded, but still fun to get a babysitter, dress up & go out on the town.

Shannon said...

How fun! Joe and I enjoyed the fireworks from the car as we came down the hill after our looong day in Wenatchee. I had intended to go look at the ice sculptures, but we were cold and tired so we opted for dinner and home. But we obviously missed out - cool pics!

Unknown said...

those look absolutely amazing! you look way too cute sitting up there on your throne!
david and i were able to sneak out on sat night for a little dinner. always nice to get away for a minute.