Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Family Road Trip and Reunion












We left Pateros Saturday morning around ten am. The trip got off to a bad start, I broke my camera trying to rush outside to take a picture. The kids think I'm getting a little obsessed. So...

that meant a stop at Costco in Spokane for an early birthday present for me: a new camera! Prior to that we made a quick stop at the River Square Mall in downtown Spokane. Brian and Kyle bought me my birthday present at Nordstroms. A new pair of jeans, thanks guys! I would have worn them on the trip but they need hemming first. We stayed in Bozeman, Montana Saturday night. Sunday we drove down through Yellowstone and Grand Teton National Forest. The kids weren't real impressed but it's one of those things you can say you've done. Bob got to make a stop at the Harley store to pick up a couple new t-shirts and then Sunday night we stayed in Montpelier, Idaho. Monday was spent checking in, unloading and driving to Logan for food. The rest of the week whizzed by so fast and before I know it, it was Saturday and time to leave. I was a little relieved to hear that others were a little emotional at saying good-bye as well. I was on the verge of a major breakdown as we drove away. I won't even get started! Here's just a few pictures (the kids started complaining about posing an hour or so into the trip so then I didn't end up taking as many as I wanted).

3 comments:

Julia Kelly said...

i don't know why, but I've been putting off posting about the reunion. I can't believe how much stuff you guys had in your car!

I was so sad I didn't get to say good bye to you guys. Who knows when we'll see you again? Especially since Brian and Kyle are mission bound.

It was sad watching people leave one by one and soon being the only ones left with mom and dad. Like I've said before, I just wish we all lived closer and could see each other more then once every year.

I must say a huge THANK YOU to Brian, Kyle and Katie. Loraya and Isaac had so much fun playing with you guys and It's so nice as a parent to have a break and let someone else play with your kids for a while. :)

Missing you. Glad that you have a blog now so I can keep better tabs on you and your family.

Unknown said...

I held in my emotions pretty well. .. but I did break down a little. and it was a very lonely drive home from the airport after dropping julia off on tues morning. just glad we got to see you all. like everyone else, wish we lived closer.
love you all.

Shannon said...

One of these days, I am going to have to hit Spokane for shopping with you...
I am glad that we live closer to you guys now. At least we aren't totally alone! I have to echo Julia's thanks, too - I don't know how much Brian and Kyle enjoy having Paul and Joe climbing all over them in the pool, but it makes the trip for my boys!