Sunday, July 27, 2008

The Bad News Bears play in Tacoma!

Katie and her friend Ashley
Katie at bat Kyle caught texting during the game, it was hard to watch!
The team

Katie played in a softball tournament this weekend in Tacoma. It was fun staying at the Red Lion, fun eating out and shopping, fun seeing David and Tiffani, fun for the boys to spend a little time with Kinley. Not so fun watching out girls play. WOW, embarrassing. Their uniforms were some shorts and a tank top from Wal-Mart. Someone, not sure just who, then tie-dyed the tank tops and then the girls wrote their team name "Cyclones" on the front and their number on the back with a black sharpie pen. Uh, most of the teams are pretty decked out with matching everything including fancy bat bags. Katie actually pitched pretty darn well, it's just she had to get anywhere from 3 to 6,7, maybe even 8 outs an inning.

5 comments:

Julia Kelly said...

At least the "funs" out numbered the "not so funs." Its always nice to have a little getaway. Good job pitching Katie, wish i didn't live so far away so I could watch you sometime.

Unknown said...

sorry, i had to laugh at their "uniforms". too bad we weren't a bit closer so we could help her team out.
sorry they didn't play better, but glad over all you had a great time.

Anonymous said...

I am a little of the belief that how you look affects the way you feel or play. Those uniforms may be the worst I have ever seen. I don't think I have even seen church basketball unis that bad.


Too bad the parents didn't have matching shirts they could have worn to show their support!! Maybe they will be able to find a sponsor of some sort next time. I am glad other than the games everyone had a good time.

Shannon said...

I am sorry to disagree with Kurt, but I think those are some of the best uniforms I have ever seen! :)
Sorry the games didn't go so well. I am so impressed with Katie for hanging in there and giving it her best. I hope she is managing to have at least a little bit of fun with her team.

Anonymous said...

Perhaps I was a bit harsh in my judgement. I was just thinking if they are playing in a select tournament, it would kind of "stand out" a little.