Sunday, February 26, 2012

projects!

I mentioned in a previous post that we were would be working on a project (inspiration:pinterest) that would be featured at a later time....
Well, the time is now!
Today, just a few minutes ago actually, Bob hung our "window" picture frame. Each pane has a different picture that Bob took himself. I think it looks so cool and I can't wait to finish the other two!
Also, this last week a friend who has that eye for decorating came over and helped me do a little "re-arranging". We dug up a few things that had been stored away (for example, the trunk, which happens to have come over from Ireland with a relative of Bob's) and the pictures and accessories I already had are now displayed in different spots. I love it! It's amazing how taking your "same old stuff" and moving it around suddenly makes you love it again and makes it feel like a mini-make-over without even spending money!

and last but not least, I wanted to show a close-up of the trunk:


and that's the end of our "make-over" for now...


PS - I have NO IDEA why this picture loaded again here so just ignore UGH!

7 comments:

Carrie said...

Love it! Where did you get your windows Becky? I can't wait til I have time to do some of my pinterest ideas!

becky said...

Carrie- funny story! Bob has had them stored away for a while, not too long ago I would of easily tossed those windows and that trunk in a dumpter! I know, I know my bad, thankfully my husband likes to keep old things..... :)

Linda Toolson said...

Everything looks great. The window frames turned really nice. I wish I had someone with an eye for decorating to do something at my house.

Shannon said...

Becky, I LOVE your window!!! I can't wait to see it in person so that I can look closely at the pictures! I want an up-close peek at that trunk, too. I love the character rustic wood brings to a room. How fun! :)

Julia Kelly said...

love that old trunk and that window turned out super cute.

Shareen said...

I want a decorator friend for my house. And some tucked-away treasures for her to work with. I like the frame project.

Unknown said...

I swear I already commented on this. . .but I guess I read it sometime and didn't comment! well, it looks great! Love all your projects. I seriously need a decorator to help me with my house!