Thursday, August 6, 2009

Goodbye Odie

Odie is now at his new home. (sniff, sniff, little tear). He was such a sweet little guy and we had fun with him the last 6 1/2 weeks but his new family is super excited to get him and so I have to be happy for them. I couldn't go with Bob to take him there however. Part of me wanted to so I could see the excitement in their little kid's eyes but I was a little too teary eyed so I said good-bye at our house and off he went. Sigh. It is kind of quiet at our house now. Kyle and Katie left yesterday to spend a couple days with Kinley before the wedding. This will actually be my life in a couple years. Better not go there right now! Don't worry, be happy right?!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

odie is very cute, i can see why parting is so hard.
wish i could be there to celebrate david's wedding. . . i hope it is wonderful

Julia Kelly said...

oh, he is such a cute little guy! Enjoy the quiet for me, I hardly know what the word quiet means! I wish, i wish I could be there this weekend!!

Shannon said...

Odie is definitely very cute; at least you still have two other cute dogs...
and it is hard to imagine an "empty nest", but think about how much less laundry you will have to do! :)

Linda Toolson said...

Odie looks a little sad to leave you. I wonder how Maddy feels? Does she miss her baby? I hope he has a good home.

Give David a hug from us. I did email him a few days ago. He mentioned once that he doesn't read his email very often so I hope he gets it. I hope you have a nice weekend. I just wish we could be there. It is hard to miss important family events.

Shareen said...

He is one cute puppy. I'm sure he'll be well- loved in his new home.
Tell David congratulations for me. Kristie and I were saying today that we wish we could be there.