Sunday, August 30, 2009

Dark Horse

Summer fun is coming to an end, but before it's officially over (I consider summer over when school starts) we went to the Nickelback concert at the Gorge. As you can see in the pictures the Gorge is a big outdoor amphitheatre, there is no reserved seating. It's first come, first serve, reserving your spot with blankets. There were about 22,000 people there (I'm pretty sure about 21,900 were consuming some sort of substance haha.) We enjoyed ourselves sober however! Katie and Rodger showing their t-shirts (that only cost $255 dollars for t-shirts for everyone and one poster that ended up getting stepped on by the very obnoxious people behind us.
Kyle and Vanessa waiting for the concert to start.


Bob enjoying his $4 cup of water (no ice) and bag of kettle corn.

Before Nickelback played there was 3 other bands that opened for them: Saving Abel, Papa Roach and Hinder. As you can see the setting is gorgeous. It was in the high 80's and by the time Nickelback played is was dark and had cooled off but was perfect, no coats needed. We got home about 1:30am. Let's just say we drug ourselves out of bed Sunday AM but we all took a nap Sunday afternoon to catch up!
What did you do to enjoy the last week-end before school starts? (I know some of you have started)
P.S. Dark Horse is the name of their latest album and the name of their concer tour. I am a fan of their older stuff!



4 comments:

Linda Toolson said...

It looks like great fun. Reminds me of the time Shareen and I went to see Harry Connick, Jr. at an outdoor venue. Shareen was so sick she could hardly sit up, but she insisted on going.

I am clueless about any of those bands. As far as I know I haven't heard any of their music. We are Tabernacle Choir funs!

Bronte said...

How fun that you all went together! An outdoor concert sounds like the perfect way to end summer. (I agree with you - the first day of summer is the first day of fall to me, too!)

We have been enjoying the last weekend by hitting the beach with the Lees.

Shareen said...

I've always wanted to see a concert at the Gorge. I love those outdoor venues. Sounds like a fun day.

Unknown said...

that sounds like a blast.
but 4 dollars for a cup of water?? without ice?? that is robbery