Wednesday, July 8, 2009

All work and no play :(

As you can see from the pictures we were busy working the 4th of July week-end! Not a lot of fun but we did get a lot done!Kyle was put to work and boy did he work! He even had a smile on his face (at least part of the time)
Bob cut down a couple small trees that had actually fallen over in the yard as well as one that was completely dead.


All of the yard debris was loaded up into Bob's dump trailer and hauled away!

Next we pulled out the carpet in most of the downstairs. All that is left is our bedroom which will happen shortly. This is in preparation to put in travertine tile! WOO-HOO! It will be installed in the entire downstairs, except for the laundry room. I also had the great idea that since we are getting new floors, the walls should get a fresh coat of paint! Guess what I'll be doing in my spare time?




Bob sitting down to work in the carpet-less living room. You can see in the left side of the room the two pieces of tile there. Not very well, but those are the sample pieces.
And just in case your wondering why Katie and I aren't in any of the pictures, well that would be because I was taking the pictures, and I was working too of course! Very hard I might add and it was 100 degrees + all week-end so it was just loads of fun. Katie had to work all week-end, she worked Friday, Saturday, and Sunday evening.




4 comments:

Linda Toolson said...

I know all that is a lot of work,but I'll bet it feels good to get started on your projects. It will be fun to see the finished product.

Unknown said...

i don't enjoy working in the heat. .. but you must feel good about all that is getting done around there!!
And happy belated birthday to you, too!

Shannon said...

Looks great - if I'd read this before we visited today, I wouldn't have been asking all those silly questions! :) Thanks for letting us use the wave runners today.

Julia Kelly said...

I bet your glad to start on some of our house projects! Can't wait to see the finished project. I have no doubt that you worked just as hard as Kyle and Bob! :)