Wednesday, July 29, 2009

July Happenings...

Happy Birthday to me! Thank you everyone for the gifts, cards and the good 'ol green stuff! I saved it up so I could go to the Nordstroms sale. So much good stuff...
My husband surprised me with these flowers at work on my b-day.
Fun with the Eberle's and Toolson's. I am way behind and so you have seen these pictures already on Shannon and Shareen's blog, but their visit was a part of our July activities. They wanted to ride the jet skis so it was a perfect excuse to push Bob to get them ready to ride for the summer.


I went to Spokane for a two day conference for work. It was lovely, I stayed by myself at the Doubletree Hilton right next to the convention center in downtown Spokane. It was within walking distance to downtown. I enjoyed walking down through town in the evening and enjoying the sights. As you can see it was quite warm even late until evening.
My big accomplishment (besides of course attending the seminar- heehee) was finding a dress to wear to David's wedding. Have to wait to see it...



everyone, including dogs, tried to find a way to stay cool!



The day after I got home from my work conference Katie and I left for Seattle. We went on Friday AM so we could have time to "play" before Katie and Ashleigh got on a plane Sunday AM for a week at EFY! We got our nails done, shopped, ate, watched movies, stayed up late, shopped some more! I was exhausted by the time I got home Sunday afternoon but it was worth it!




The girls ready to go through security before boarding their plane! Elena and I couldn't resist these matching sunglasses for them! The girls picked out the shirts. In case you can't tell it says "one fish, two fish, three fish" from Dr. Seuss of course.






and last but not least, the little troublemaker! He is running, jumping, chewing, biting, growing, pooping, peeing, eating puppy food and growing like crazy! He's adorable and his name is Odie. We have him for about two more weeks :(




August is just around the corner, the summer is flying by!







5 comments:

Linda Toolson said...

I'm a little bit jealous of the trip to the Nordstrom sale. I am already tired of my clothes! Glad you were able to get some good stuff.

It's always good to see pictures. I do hope Katie has a good time at EFY. The puppy is very cute. There are going to be lots of tears when he goes bye bye.

Julia Kelly said...

Becky I'm the worst sister ever! I totally forgot about your birthday! Not that it is an excuse, but we were in Cali on your birthday. Still, I'm glad that you still got plenty of love from everyone else! Did you find anything cute at the Nordstrom Sale? I haven't been for a few years, and miss it! I miss the discount that I used to get at Nordstrom as well. :) I'll have to call you soon.

Anyways, I'm glad you had a happy birthday! I love you and wish that we didn't live so far away so we could have a girls night out!

Shareen said...

That puppy is looking so cute. If only they weren't so troublesome... I'm glad your July has been filled with some fun events - flowers, shopping, excursions.

Unknown said...

your puppy is so cute. . . but i could do without the pooping, chewing,etc.
i will be anxious to hear how Katie and Ashleigh enjoyed efy when i pick them up on sat!

Shannon said...

It sounds like you have been getting lots of shopping time in - I will be looking forward to seeing some cute new outfits at church. I texted Katie to ask her if she would bring Paul's scriptures home (he left them at EFY, along with two pairs of shoes and a shirt...) and she said it is "awesome"! :)