Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Before and After

This is before. Her tummy isn't huge but I really thought she had at least two, maybe three puppies in there! This is after. I think Maddy looks like most new mom's feel after giving birth... exhausted.
It's a boy!
It's been tough getting a picture of the pup. Maddy doesn't let him out of her sight and when we pick him up, she whines and cries and jumps up until we put him back.


Mia finally gets a glimpse. We have a big box that Maddy's bed is in and Mia can't really see or get in there so she has been so curious and just parks herself outside the box and stares at it. It's pretty funny.

Like I said, I had thought and hoped she would have at least two. That way the puppies could play together and we had a list of 3-4 people who wanted a pup. So only the first person on the list gets one now. There's no shortage of dogs in the world however. So we will have fun and enjoy him for the next six weeks and then have to say goodbye, that will be a little hard I'm guessing.


5 comments:

Linda Toolson said...

Glad to see the pictures of the new pup. Have you given him a temporary name? He is very cute. I'll bet it will be hard to see goodbye.

Julia Kelly said...

How cute! That's nice you already have a nice home lined up for the puppy as well.

Shareen said...

So tiny & cute! I just realized you should still have the puppy when we're visiting. My girls will be so excited. We're going to be driving up that Thurs or Fri after 4th of July. I'm looking forward to seeing you.

Unknown said...

congrats on the cute little puppy!

Shannon said...

so sweet... sorry we didn't make it up Friday, but things got crazy. (In fact, I was so harried I accidentally stood up my visiting teachers!) :(