Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Saving The Flowers ...



Bob has been busy this weekend with a little project. He has set up a automatic watering system for my flowers, the potted and the hanging baskets. I was worried about what to do when we went on vacation for over a week. The last time we went on vacation Bob asked one of his employees who lives in town if he would water the flowers each day and when we came back we are pretty sure he came over that day to water them but had done very little if any before that time. We have a week to test it out. It is set up to water them 3 times a day. Of course the weather has been unpredictable but by this weekend here it's supposed to be in the mid 90's so with that kind of heat they will need watering 3 times a day to stay alive. Now if he'd just get drawing our house plans hmmmm....

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I LOVE your hanging basket! I want one like it, it is beautiful. Let me know how the watering project turns out. I know how it is trying to get some one to water your plants for you. .. not very good usually.

Julia Kelly said...

i should take a picture of my "flowers". haha. it's not pretty. i guess you're spoused to water the flowers if you want them to bloom and stay alive. I love you hanging basket too. I really want to get some big pots of flowers for our front, but I don't have much of a "green thumb." I think black thumb is more acurate.

Anyway...good luck with the house plans. :)

Anonymous said...

what a great idea. It would be a shame to lose your beautiful basket of flowers. When we leave this time, no worries about watering the yard, flowers and lawn Yea! Actually, I won't have to worry about watering the yard ever. But Maybe I can have a few pots of flowers.

Shannon said...

Gorgeous flowers, Becky. I am like Julia...I, too, seem to have a black thumb! At least I can enjoy the fruits of other people's labor :)