Thursday, September 22, 2011

Katie is cooking!

Yes, you did read the title correctly! Katie has not done a lot of cooking, unless you count Top Ramen, Mac and Cheese, and tuna melts as cooking. So we (Katie and I) came up with the idea that in order for her to be a little more prepared at cooking for herself and potentially others at college she would start making diner once a week! This was last night's dinner, carne asada, homemade rice and black beans, yum! The week before she made dinner for mom, dad, and Bob for his birthday (beef broccoli).

4 comments:

Julia Kelly said...

Awesome idea! Katie will be sooo happy to have some 'staples' that she can cook. Looks yummy!

Shannon said...

Good job, Katie! Looks yummy. :)

Unknown said...

Looks great! Wish I was there to eat some!

Shareen said...

What a good project. I remember eating an awful lot of Taco Bell's 59 cent dinner menu my first years of college. And I remember my roommates being very unimpressed with my contributions to our group dinners.