Sunday, May 29, 2011

it's been a longggg time!

Yes indeed it has been a long time since I blogged!

You would think I would have tons to blog about and a bunch of cool pictures to post, but I don't. It seems like I have been busy but I don't have a lot of proof :)

Soooo,

I will share 2 recent events:

First is Katie's Senior Presentation.

This is a requirement for graduation at PHS. The kids each have to put together a power point presentation as well as bring props, a portfolio they have kept of some of their work 9th-12th grade and any other visual aids. They basically talk about what they did for their senior project (a volunteer experience that has to be a minimum of 45 hours) and how they feel they have grown over their HS years.

Katie's senior project was hosting a softball camp for 1-6th graders. She did the camp last February and it was quite involved as far as organizing, planning, advertising, teaching the camp and making t-shirts for the girls that participated.

Here she is during her senior presentation demonstrating with some of the girls on her softball team the cheer that was taught during that camp.
I am sorry I think this is the ugliest picture of me, but it's not about me right! I also look super short (well I pretty much am super short) because Katie not only is about 4 or 5 inches taller than me but she is wearing 2 inch heels.
Anyway, back to Katie. She did a great job. I had Kleenex on hand just in case but did not need them. Neither did she which surprised me!
Each senior signed up for a time for their presentation, they were allowed to invite a few students and any adults they wished. They had 3 judges who were evaluating them during the presentation.
Not to brag (OK I am) but one of the judges told me after (she had evaluated quite a few over the years) that Katie's was the best one she had seen.
She got 200/200 from each of her evaluators, which is 100%!
That felt really good for Katie to get that out of the way.

The next morning after her presentation her softball team headed to Wenatchee for district play-offs.
We just had to win ONE little game in order to go to state.
ONE.
We played a team we had best EASILY during the season.
The score was 5-4.
We lost.
Katie lost her last chance to go to state in high school. It was a bit of a sad day. She missed going with her volleyball team earlier in the year because of her broken leg. (She got to go with the team as the manager but not a player...not the same!)
Life goes on....
So now we are onto the last week of high school Really last Friday was her "real" last day. She had her finals and papers due. This next week will be a week of commencement practicing and really I don't know what else.
Katie will be practicing her speech a lot as well.
Well that about sums it up.






4 comments:

Shannon said...

I am still sad that I missed Katie's Sr. presentation... I don't know why I thought it was the week of 23 -27. Congratulations to her on the perfect score!

Sorry about softball. :(

p.s. - If you are super short, what does that make me? haha

becky said...

Shannon, I hope you didn't miss it cuz we didn't mention it. I apologize if we forgot.

Linda Toolson said...

Congratulations to Katie for her good work. So sorry the softball season had to end without going to State, but she has had lots of good moments to remember.

Maybe Katie would share her project with us when we are there?

Shareen said...

That sounds like such a worthwhile project, and great job to Katie for doing so well. And Katie has had a great high school sports career, even without the trips to state. Soon it will be time for Sean to start Little League, and you can start all over.