Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Today

Today started off, well, not so great. I will be considerate and not give you too much info but apparently Maddy had too many "treats" last night so her gastro-intestinal system rebelled overnight. It was raining. Bob forgot to take the garbage down. The outfit I had picked out last night just wasn't quite right when I put it on this morning. (you might think this was a joke but seriously I get up just in time and so little set-backs are a big deal like having to figure out something else to wear) OK so moving on... the flowers. No they didn't come from Bob. A friend at work came by last night and took an old couch of ours that had been out in the little shed behind our house for at least the last 4 years. Today she brought me this bouquet and a thank you card for "giving" her our couch. I almost slipped and told her what Bob said after she had left which was: "well slowly we are getting rid of our crap!" haha, you know the saying, one person's junk is another person's treasure...the flowers will be perfect for my little window sill where I like to decorate for the current season. I am thinking it will work for St. Patrick's Day (tie a green ribbon around the pot), Easter and spring as long as I can keep it alive!
And then another great piece of news from Kyle:
he got accepted back into BYU-I!
So today wasn't so bad after all.

5 comments:

Shannon said...

Beautiful flowers - isn't it funny how one thoughtful thing can turn a whole day around? And CONGRATULATIONS to Kyle! It is a five star day for college applicants! :)

Julia Kelly said...

ooooooo I'm so happy to hear the news about Kyle! I'm about to call my friends from Nordstrom and tell them to hire him! Love the cheery flowers as well.

Shareen said...

I love that plant. Congrats to Kyle. I remember when leaving Seattle Mike thought we'd have to take our couch to the dump because no one could possibly want it. I posted it on Craigslist for free and got TONS of responses. Like you said, someone's treasure.

kristie said...

Glad everything ended good in the end! I; need a cute plant like that!

Linda Toolson said...

We were happy hearing Kyle's news and Bronte too.

There is just something about flowers that gladden the heart. I can picture them now looking so pretty in your window.