Sunday, September 27, 2009

A Baby Shower

I made a mad dash to Seattle on Saturday for the "baby-q". That's what it was called on the invitation, it is a combo BBQ/baby shower. Left at 8:15am, got home at 11:30pm. It was a long day but worth it!
Here is David getting the BBQ started, he was in charge of cooking.
Of course there was games. One of them was to find a partner and make the best diaper you can out of toilet paper. I am not sure how well this diaper would hold up! My partner and I actually won that game. I didn't post that picture however, I got to have the diaper on me. So cute.
I had to get a picture of the cute cake!


Here's David and Tiffany getting ready to open some of their gifts. My first stop when I got to Seattle was at Burlington Coat Factory's Baby Depot. I was so glad to find out the stroller they had picked was still available.


I also got to go see their new apartment they moved into last month. It is the first time either of them has lived without extra roommates. I had left my camera in the car or I would have posted a picture of the nursery that is all set up and ready for the baby, next time!



5 comments:

Unknown said...

wish i could have been there for the diaper game! (jk) but i would have loved to be there, diaper game and all. . . .
i don't know how i have missed all your posts lately. but glad the fair went well and you can rest until next year, right??

Shannon said...

oh, shoot - I wish I would have known - I'd have at least sent a gift! I have thought at least a dozen times about asking you about a shower, but kept forgetting. I am glad that they had a fun day.

Julia Kelly said...

cute new background! Not too much longer and you will be a grandma! haha, that doesn't sound right! I would have liked to see you with a toliet paper diaper. :)

Lots going on with David right now!

Shareen said...

That sounds like a fun idea for a shower. When is their baby due? I'm looking forward to seeing the pictures of their nursery.

Linda Toolson said...

Glad your day turned out happy even it was a long one. It still doesn't seem possible I will soon be a great grandma. We are looking forward to the big day. It is strange to be so far away from so many family events.