Sunday, December 12, 2010

snow, snow, and more snow!

It started snowing Saturday morning and didn't stop until, well I don't know when it stopped for sure because when I went to bed it was still snowing!
We got a ton of snow! We were late for church because there was no way I could back out of our drive-way until Bob finished snow-blowing. And it was really wet, heavy snow so it was quite the work-out for him. If we would of had to shovel it ourselves we would of never made it to church (well we could of if we had started at like 6am or something)a view from our driveway looking across the river...


the snow was so heavy on the branches of the trees they were hanging really low.
Today however it warmed up and some of it melted. Not all of it though.
I actually hope there is snow around still on Friday. Katie wants to go sledding after the basketball games for her birthday party. :)



5 comments:

Julia Kelly said...

it's snowing here today too. your pictures are beautiful! I sure love the look of snow. LOOK being the key word. :)

Shareen said...

So, so pretty. It's 80 degrees here and sunny, so looking at snow pictures seems a little surreal.

Linda Toolson said...

What beautiful pictures. There is nothing quite like new snow hanging on the pine trees. (I hope Kurt made it safely to Seattle on Sunday. I worry about that drive he makes each week.)

Unknown said...

very pretty. i like snow when i have no where to go. but that is usually not the case! glad you made it safe

Shannon said...

That was a seriously crazy storm! It is sad driving around the point, because a bunch of the big old trees have lost major limbs. I was kind of sad it warmed up so fast - it would have been fun to have been snowed in for just a day. :) I love your river pic, btw!