Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Spoiled

This last weekend I said good-bye to my Acadia and hello to...my new car! (Katie wishes it was her new car!)
Notice she is in the car in the drivers seat...


but in the end she finally got the point it's not hers, it's mine and maybe, just maybe she can drive it when we go to YW or church (maybe)
I am going to just to say that
IT WAS NOT MY IDEA
there I said it.
This was all Bob.
He has been obsessed with getting rid of the Acadia for a few months now for several reasons including it has had multiple problems since the day we got it, it has almost 100,000 miles on it and our warranty expires at 100,000 miles, a smaller car will mean better gas mileage and it needed a new power steering pump a.s.a.p. and that is over 750$ (we replaced it about a year ago and in most vehicles you never even have to I guess...)
so,
this last weekend we went to Spokane. I had bought tickets to see South Pacific for his birthday so we saw the musical (it was really a fun play and we enjoyed it, I also noticed Wicked is coming to Spokane next spring so that is next on my list to see for sure!). We also traded in my car which is always a fiasco, I shopped for Sean's birthday later in the month and found Katie a new dress at Down East Outfitters which is my favorite store for dresses/skirts for church (cute, modest and always long enough).
So I know I'm spoiled but really I didn't want or ask for a new car, my husband insisted so now I will just suffer and drive it I guess... ;)
but I seriously preferred to drive my Acadia till it died, I feel guilty.




4 comments:

Shannon said...

Very nice! Husband and car ;)

Linda Toolson said...

Might as well enjoy it. It is a nice looking car.

Shareen said...

Let go of the guilt and enjoy! I'll try to keep Mike from seeing this so he doesn't get any ideas (our cars have nowhere near 100,000 miles, so no excuse).

Unknown said...

Have fun! It looks very fancy!