Thursday, August 28, 2008

I've been a dud!

Don't ask me why: I had a crazy idea that I could re-do Katies room in a day. I mean they can build a house in a week, so why not a room in a day? We painted it white, Bob took two old dressers and sanded and re-painted them black. Got some new bedding, curtains, and wall accessiories. Looks pretty cute! I will post a completed project soon.

Everyones seen the temple picture, but I wouldn't seem right for me not to post one as well. It was a very nice day, long but nice. I guess the missionaries get to go to the temple once a week while in the CTM (that's what they call it at the Sao Paulo MTC, it stand for Center for Training Missinaries).
A happy day for Kyle! He got his braces off today, 8/28/08. We had a fun day in Wentachee. Got his car tuned up cleaned, went to Costco, out to lunch, a little shopping, and of course most important: appointment with the orthodontist.
I have been a real dud at blogging the last couple weeks, obviously! I can come up with all kinds of excuses but I'll spare you! Here's a few pictures:

5 comments:

Julia Kelly said...

can't wait to see katie's finished room. I'm sure it looks really cute. And yeah for Kyle...I'm sure he's happy to be brace free.

Shannon said...

You are a brave soul to tackle a room re-do on top of everything else you have going on! Congrats to Kyle on getting the braces off - I remember (oddly enough) how great it felt to brush my teeth with a regular toothbrush instead of the water pik.
And remind me on Sunday, and I will show you how to move your pictures/ writing around. :)

Shareen said...

I'm excited to see your remodel project too. I need to take on some projects now I've got more time on my hands.

Unknown said...

so glad you have a post. i've been thinking about you a lot. a lot going on for you right now. like shareen, i have a bunch of projects that need to be done around the house. but we have some uncompleted projects that i want to get all the way done first. I don't want to go forever with out trim on the doors. so we decided we have to get the projects done that we've started before starting anything new.

kyle, you look good! and another congrats to brian. we love you both. exciting times.

Anonymous said...

Good for Kyle. With all the excitement of Brian leaving, I forget that Kyle is starting on an exciting new time in his life. I just know they will both be in for some great experiences.